I continue my experiment with macrame by making a second hemp bracelet. This one turned out much better. My tension was much more even. For the clasp, I made a small (and somewhat malformed) monkey's fist knot on one end and just left a loop on the other end. To close it off, I just use a lark's head around the monkey's fist knot. It's a bit difficult to unclasp, but it was a darned sight better looking than the first attempt.
I've also since done a bit of rope fancywork. I found a black, plastic fishing rod case at a boating store nearby that was half off. I picked it up to store some maps in, and maybe to use as a poster tube for conventions. Then I got the bright idea of covering it in rope and throwing some turk's head knots on it. It doesn't look half bad. I put a french hitching (which is really just a loose serving with a half-hitch knot forming a spiral down the tube) all the way down it. I didn't have long enough lengths of rope to do it in one pass, so I then put some turk's head knots on it to cover the slight gaps where I connected new sections of rope. I also want to put a shoulder strap on it to make it easier to carry. We'll have to see how that plays out.
I still haven't worked any more on the black and blue hexagon blanket. I also still haven't gotten a Flikr account or even taken pictures of anything. I am such a procrastinator.