I've started experimenting with macramé this week. I've heard about it for a while, but only now have I tried it. It's interesting. I like it overall.
One mistake I made was to use a variegated, acryllic yarn for a sampler. That didn't work out so well. The multi-colored yarn made it hard to see the stitch definition, and the stretch of the acryllic made it hard to work with.
Last night I made a dinky little hemp bracelet using just square knots and a few beads. That turned out much better, but I didn't end it quite correctly. I tried making a monkey's fist at one end and a loop at the other, but it still didn't connect very well. I think maybe I'll make another attempt, with a monkey's fist again, but just a simple loop. I might be able to connect them with a lark's head knot. That way it would be easily removable without having to cut it. I'm hopeful that would work, anyway. I suppose we'll just have to see.
I'm still working on the blue and black hexagon blanket, but it's proceeding somewhat slowly. Eventually I suppose I'll have to get a Flikr account or something and start posting pictures of things.